Marine Diving Solutions provided the removal of an 8' diameter, reinforced concrete bridge pier that had been abandoned. The pier was cut into 3' sections weighing 27,000 lbs. each with the use of a submersible wire saw. MDS also removed and replaced the gate stems, stem guides and operator nuts for four control gates and one emergency gate. Ice shields were also fabricated and installed on the 75' high gate tower to protect the new stems. This project was a design build to keep costs lower for the customer.
- Use of submersible wire saw
- Use of barge and 80-ton crane
- Replacement of gate stems, stem guides, operator hardware
- Fabricated and installed ice shields on 75' high gate tower
- Commercial diving of reservoir