Project Summary: Marine Diving Solutions provided the removal of 6 hydraulic cylinders, repairs, and re-installation for the USACE. Additional services included oil testing and filtration.
• ROV inspection underwater
• Bulkhead installation and removal
• Removal and reinstallation of six flanged gate cylinders
- 200’ vertical lift from gate chamber to bridge deck.
- Required to be disassembled prior to lifting.
- 26.5” OD cylinder barrel, 113” long, appx. 5000 lbs each
- 15’4” long, 5’OD cylinder ram, appx. 1000 lbs each
- All pipe barrels and cylinder rams had to be rotated from vertical to horizontal after lifting, for removal
• Oil filtration and testing
• Working in suspended and fall restriction area
• Modifications including fabrication and welding to the hydraulic operating system piping. Approximately 100’ of 1.25” Sched 80 pipe.